Facebook Supported Formats
Facebook supports the following formats:
- If you upload a PNG file, try keep the file size below 1 MB. PNG files larger than 1 MB may appear pixelated after upload.
- Check the file size of your photos. We recommend uploading photos under 4MB.
Facebook strips all location metadata before publishing and resizes images to different dimensions to best support rendering in multiple sizes.
Facebook supports almost all types of video files, but recommends using the MP4 format.
- Resolution should be 1080p or under.
- File sizes up to 10 GB, there may be longer upload times associated with larger files on slower Internet connections.
- Videos must be less than 240 minutes long. The longer your video is, the larger its file size will be. This may affect the quality of the video and the time it takes to upload.
- Recommend Stereo AAC audio compression with 128kbps, or more, preferred.
- Supported aspect ratio: between 9x16 and 16x9.
- Supported video formats: 3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, avi, dat, divx, dv, f4v, flv, gif, m2ts, m4v, mkv, mod, mov, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mts, nsv, ogm, ogv, qt, tod, ts, vob, and wmv
Image files must meet all of the following criteria:
• Supported image media types: JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP
• Image size <= 5 MB, animated GIF size <= 15 MB
The filesize limit above is enforced by the media upload endpoint. In addition, there is a separate product entity specific filesize limit which is applied when calling the Tweet creation (or similar) endpoints with media_id. For example, it is possible to upload a 5 MB image, but the Tweet creation requires images to be <= 3 MB. The filesize limit and other constraints may vary depending on the media_category parameter.
Twitter supports MP4 and MOV video formats on mobile apps.
On the web, MP4 video format with H264 format with AAC audio is supported. You can upload videos up to 512MB, however you will be prompted to edit videos to 2 minutes and 20 seconds or less in length.
- Minimum resolution: 32 x 32
- Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1200 (and 1200 x 1900)
- Aspect ratios: 1:2.39 - 2.39:1 range (inclusive)
- Maximum frame rate: 40 fps
- Maximum bitrate: 25 Mbps